Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On...... My Birthday

On... My Birthday 11/10

It's my birthday today but it hardly feels that way. I hate when a birthday lands on a Monday. No one wants to be cheerful on a Monday, whether it is your birthday or not. My day is off to an awesome start!! (Sarcasm) Let me give you a run down of what has happened so far.

Last night, I was high on Menzel and couldn't just shut down and sleep (more on that later). I tossed and turned, took a benadril, then went back on my computer until I felt tired. Even then I had so much trouble sleeping. When I glanced at my clock, it was 3:18 and I still wasn't asleep. Some how I finally managed to pass out and when I woke up, I felt completely drained. I got ready, ran out the door and just when I thought I would make it on time I stepped in poop. Apparently, stepping in dog shit is good luck but I certainly don't agree with that. All I know is that not I am at work and not in the shoes I wanted to wear which usually throws my whole day off. No worries though, I knew today was going to be crappy (no pun intended). That's why I
celebrated my B-Day pre-November 10th.

You see, I am fortunate enough to have my birthday fall on or around the NJEA Convention (New Jersey Education Association) and that I work at a school. My whole life I have always have had a 4-day weekend either on or around my birthday. This year was no different but instead of 4 days we got 5 days off.

I really wasn't interested in anything materialistic this year. Instead I opted to fill up the days before today with music. Last week, I received my gift from Hayley, concert tickets to Rock Band Live. It was friggin awesome, a night filled with performances by three of my favorite bands, Plain White Tee's, Dashboard
Confessional, And Panic! At the disco. We has a killer sets and two of my sorority sisters were there to rock out with me.

Later in the week, Hayley and I went to Atlantic City. Wednesday night my mom got us tickets to a comedy show and at the end two of the comedians incorporated music into their act. The next night some of my sorority sisters were down so we went to the Gypsy Bar in Borgata. We even got my sister in law to come out with us. There was a cover Band there and one thing I love is to listen to some of my favorite songs be played live.

The next couple of days was spent just chilling with Hayls. Then last night I got one of the best gifts of all tickets to see Idina Menzel live!! If you don’t know who she is, you should! She is an incredible singer and oh yeah, she is a broadway star. I didn’t know what to expect and neither did Hayley but once the show started we knew we were witnessing something truly rare and amazing. Her voice is a powerhouse and every one of her songs was better than the next. Her lyrics really spoke to me in a way that no one else’s music has ever done (well Sirsy can speak to me too but this was something different.)

I knew I loved her when I saw her on Broadway but now I feel I stumbled on this whole other side of her that I never knew before and I am inspired.

No comments: